Thursday, March 18, 2010

cover sketches + the trailer


This is a bit harder than I thought, hehe. Starting in very small scale, I've sketched out some ideas, but there's still something missing. The style I want is there but, as I continue to explore examples and suggestions, it seems that I keep missing the mark. Ah, well. That's why I need to work on it.

I've been gathering tribal and medieval Bible art as references, and even the covers of some of my own favorite books, and I think I'm a bit closer to what I want Anterria to look like. There are a lot of "medieval fantasy" stories out there, and I want to stay away from what would put me in the same pile, but keep what people recognize. Hard balance to nail down.


Now, for some more concrete results, I present to you Hannah Merchant's party dress. Fear not, those in the know, it's going to be yellow, not floral. After a long and highly epic quest for a store-made dress that could pass for the hero's costume, I gave up and bought a sewing pattern. There were plenty of yellow dresses on the market, but none with a proper(substantial) enough top, and plenty that were too sophisticated(weirdly fancy).

I have two of the book trailer's main five parts done, and have the supplies for another two. I wish to thank my older brother Robin Hood for playing the part of Aaron McKay, and my young friend Screech for playing the part of...well...Screech. Also, my other brother Mr. Universe for playing the Elgo stand-in. Ahahaha. I like making up code names for these lovely people.

Also Mrs. Robin Hood for the pyrotechnics and catering, Other Other Brother Peter Pan for holding my stuff, and Mum "The Duchess" for my supplies.

No comments:

Post a Comment